Gorgeous art deco bronze statue – classic dancing 1920s flapper with the hoop. This deco bronze statue somehow epitomises the 1920s look and ethos. This deco hoop girl bronze is by Godard and is signed on the base.
Classic silver and enamel cigarette case with an art deco flapper figurine painted on the front enamel plaque. Piece is hallmarked for London 1936. Great condition cigarette case and the graphic somehow epitomises the 1930s style and era. We have a range of deco cigarette cases for sale
- Stunning French bronze art deco style bronze casting of a dancing figurine
- Piece is signed Chiparus on the base, please see close up photos
- Chiparus was renowned for his art deco work and this is a later recasting from the original
- Offered in great shape, ready for home display right away
- Bought from a dealer at Les Puces flea market in Paris
- Will ship to anywhere in the world
She is based in the US so that is where we will ship from – please email for shipping quote.
You are viewing a gorgeous French art deco sculpture showing a semi clad female we have – for obvious reasons – dubbed swallow girl. I hope the photos do this stunning piece some justice, it’s certainly more impressive in the flesh and would make for a great addition to any home interiors scheme. We bought this from a dealer just off Les Champs Elysee in Paris, whilst on a recent French buying trip.
We are unsure of the artist – we cannot find a signature. What we do know is the artist really captured the poise and elegance of the lady with great skill, her proportions and muscle tone are amazingly rendered. She holds a stick out with four birds on it. It’s a delightful scene. The patina to the bronze is amazing and we have taken some close up shots to show you the quality of features like her hands and face. Forget cheap Eastern imports, this is the real deal.
She sits firmly on the marble base which has been polished and is smooth to touch. She is offered in very good condition and we will ship to anywhere in the world. She is based in the US so that is where we will ship from.
- Totally unique French art deco style bronze figurine
- The costume is superb – it reminds us of a character from Star Wars
- If anyone has info on what this costume is please contact us
- Piece stands in at just over one foot so impressive size
- Will ship to anywhere in the world and this is offered in great shape
- Gorgeous French art deco style bronze figurine dancer
- Offered in great shape and will ship to anywhere in the world
- Stands in at nearly two feet tall so an impressive piece
- Great addition to any collection
You are viewing a fantastic silver bronze French art deco style lamp of the famous Biba. This is perhaps one of the most iconic deco works and somehow manages to encapsulate the whole aesthetic with it’s sleek minimalism and the representation of the 1920s version of the female ideal.
This is based in the US where we will ship from. Please email for a shipping quote.
As a decorative piece it really looks the part in any setting and it goes without saying how much of a collectors piece this is. We bought this from a dealer in Les Puces flea market Paris and it is a recast from the original.
The piece stands in at nearly three feet tall (please see photo with 12 inch rule in for idea of scale). The lamp is wired and ready to go – it emits a lovely ambient glow and makes for a very atmostpheric piece.
The lady stands tall with her arms stretch holding the frosted glass globe. She stands on tip toe on the star and this in turn stands on the black marble base. The lamp is offered in great condition ready for home use right away and we will ship to anywhere in the world. Get your bids in early – this won’t be around for long.
Superb casting of the famous Exotic dancer by Chiparus
Signed on base – please see close up photo
Patina to the bronze is wonderful with a nutty brown finish
Stands firmly on the black marble base which is smooth and polished and chip free
Offered in very good condition – will ship to anywhere in the world
Bought from a dealer at Les Puces flea market in Paris
- This is based in our Los Angeles showroom and we will ship to anywhere in the world
- Classic art deco style bronze statue of a male smoker
- Love this piece, really epitomises the art deco style
- What I love about this piece is the fact that the art deco movement was so obsessed with women in terms of figurative art so it’s great to see a statue of a male
- Plaque signed J.C. Leyendecker
- J.C. Leyendecker was originally German and was most famous as an illustrator working out of the US in the 1920s
- Such a great piece, man is depicted smoking a cigarette and looking down reflectively, of course all kitted out in a the dress of the day with a baggy suit
- Offered in great shape, marble smooth and chip free, bronze in great shape with fantastic patina
- Will ship to anywhere in the world, please email for a shipping quote
- Please come and view in our Herfordshire antiques warehouse just 20 mins north of London
- Classic art deco style bronze statue showing a lithe female hoop dancer
- Piece is signed Colinet on the base and this is a later recast from the original
- Piece somehow embodies the 1920s aesthetic of the ideal female form
- Stands on the marble base which is smooth and chip free
- Offered in great condition with no signs of damage
- Will ship to anywhere in the world, please get in touch for a shipping quote